Ranunculus

Monday 11 May 2015


My lovely friend Carin bought these beauties for me for my birthday last weekend. While I was setting up the flat plan of all my gorgeous gifts, I noticed the way the light was falling against the white board and decided to do a little ranunculus photo study. These flowers are exquisitely beautiful - not only how the petals fan out in small layers from the centre so delicately and precisely, but also the way in which the pink colour concentrates at their edge, like they've been dipped in pink ink. I hope you enjoy the photos! 


6 comments :

  1. Beautiful flowers and I like your description of them! Poetic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pale pink flowers that are simple and natural like these! You photographed them beautifully with just the right capture of light! (P.S. You are so lucky to be living your dreams and writing about Paris….that is my number one bucket list ambitions!!!)

    Kiss kiss,

    (='.'=)
    -Lauren
    adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowers are amazing aren't they! You could spend hours captivated by their beauty and intricacies.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful; and thank you for teaching me something new, that these flowers are called ranunculus. A harsh-sounding name for such a delicate beauty - your photos are exquisite! xx

    Shanaz | Fashionista NOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful flowers - how lovely of your friend to have given them to you (happy belated birthday)! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground