Notes from the Weekend

Monday 6 July 2015


It's been crazy hot in Paris this last week - the canicule (heatwave) has been long lingering. I love the heat, but even I have been suffering. Living in the 4th floor of a Hausmann building, which is usually wonderful with the sun streaming in in the mornings, has turned into a greenhouse slash sauna. It's been so hot that I've been fantasising about air-conditioning (something that's pretty unusual for me - I'm used to expressing how cold I am on a daily basis, much to the boy's annoyance). Yet the heat didn't stop us getting out and about on Saturday, as my mum and her partner were visiting for the weekend. Opting for cycling over the equally sauna-like metro, we rented Velib bikes and cycled to the Pompidou in search of air con and art. We sauntered around the inspiring Le Corbusier exhibition, lingering to enjoy the cool air, and then headed over to Bob's Kitchen for lunch. We spent the rest of the weekend cycling and wandering around Paris in search ice-cream and air con, while I snapped a few photos. 

A few links/discoveries: 
- I drooled over this gorgeous post - we're off to Santorini the end of August of a wedding and can't wait!
- I started reading US by David Nichols and am already enjoying it
- I'm excited to see Cereal's New York city guide - I'll be helping with the Paris guide later in the year
- I checked out Ob la di cafe & Kitsune's newest cafe on Rue Amelot last week
- Ate at the new Grand Coeur in the Marais - bit pricey, one for special occasions, but beautiful interior (marble-topped tables and stone walls) and a huge terrace


14 comments :

  1. amazing post, enjoy the french weather! x
    Marveling-Mind☀✌️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Feyi! And for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. despite the heat, your photos look so refreshing. Love the green trees over the water!
    London was so hot as well, shame both the Seine and the Thames are so dirty that all one can do is look at it :(
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Anne! Paris doesn't have many parks, but it's so green and lush right now - just hoping the warm weather doesn't dry all the leaves out! x

      Delete
  3. Send some of the heat to San Francisco! We're all fog until the fall!
    Kari
    www.sweetteasweetie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'll try - we could definitely share it :) maybe you should come to Paris!

      Delete
  4. The only problem with heat waves in normally cool cities is the lack of air con, anywhere! Hope it cools down to a pleasant temp for you all soon!

    Megan || Oh Hey! blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! I visited Centre Pompiduo in September 2013 and absolutely loved it. I'll try to send some cooler weather to you from Western NY!

    xo, Norah
    www.norahcoughlin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norah! It's a great gallery and even better view :)

      Delete
  6. The canicule is certainly something to worry about, seeing how these heatwaves have caused a lot of heatstroke across the EU for some time now. I think you should buy yourselves an AC unit, just in case. In fact, I think it would really be necessary to get one, since you're within the Mediterranean area with its long summer times. Take care!

    Rosa Nelson @ HVAC Services Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW, Paris
    Really It's so beautiful !! Amazing photos!
    Computer Repair Service

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground