French Fashion Icons

Friday 22 February 2013

I don't want to join in on the fashion blogger debate that's been rife this past week, since Suzy Menkes wrote her article entitled, The Circus of Fashion for the New York Times, but what I did find interesting about her piece was that she credited French fashion editors for mastering understated chic. I agree and disagree with what she says in her piece, but one thing I do agree with is that the French know how to dress well.

So I thought I'd give you a little run down of my favourite French style icons:

The inimitable coolness of the quirky looking, Lou Doillon.

Image credits [here] and [here]
















               I love the simplicity of Clemence Poesy's thrown together, nonchalant style.

Image credits [here]


Then there's blogger, illustrator and photographer, Garance Dore whose relaxed style is always accessorised with camera and a beaming smile.

Image credits [here] and [here]
Ok so she's Italian, but Elina Nalin is based in Paris, so surely that must count? Described by the Telegraph as the 'perkiest girl in fashion' the Paris-based stylist knows how to wear colour. In fact I don't think I ever seen a photo of her when she's not wearing bright pops of yellows, tangerines, reds and blues. 
Images [here] and [here]
If I was to look like anyone French, it would have to be the red head, Josephine de La Baume aka Mrs Ronson. She always sports a mish-mash of patterns and colours, but has managed to master to slightly dishevelled chic. But then again this woman would look good in a bin bag.
Images [here] and [here]










No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground