Pickled

Monday 3 August 2015


I ventured over the the 11th on Friday lunchtime with Cindy - an arrondissement I'm migrating to more and more these days - to check out the recently opened Pickled. A canteen/culinary agency, Pickled (cute name by the way), was set up by two friends: food designer, Myrtille and chef, Amandine. I'm all for women teaming up and doing business together and they seem to make quite a pair. They've created a welcoming, beautifully thought out space with an equally aesthetically pleasing menu - as you might expect from a food designer and chef duo. I took my camera along just in case and couldn't help but snap a few shots of the food and interior. If you're looking for kitchen storage solution inspiration, this is the place - I love that white wire wall. 

Amandine and Myrtille serve a daily changing menu with seasonal ingredients. We tried the pickled yellow pepper and coriander cream 'le Plat revisté en sandwich' - basically their dish of the day made into a burrito, cauliflower soup and cheesecake to finish. I like to count myself as a bit of a cheesecake connoisseur. Unless there's salted caramel on the menu, it's my go-to dessert, with my favourite being Rachel's blueberry cheesecake (that you can find at her eponymous cafe and in The Broken Arm), but Myrtille and Amandine's offering with sesame crust, drizzled with a refreshing citrusy lemon coulis, might just be my new favourite. 

54 rue Basfroi
Paris 75011

Myrtille and Amandine

3 comments :

  1. Oh welcome Pickled, to the Paris food scene! It looks adorable, I shall definitely be paying a visit to say hi to Myrtille and Amandine, and taste that delicious looking cheesecake of course! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so cute! Going to visit!

    x
    Amrita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks absolutely stunning!!
    have to go there next time!

    bisou,
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground