Paris in Pictures: Sacre Coeur

Monday 4 November 2013


I had a very productive weekend, which involved trying out not one, but two cafes -  Holybelly that opened less than a month ago, which I'll be blogging about later in the week and finally the renowned Ten Belles, which I'll also dedicate a little post to. I then visited Yvon Lambert gallery for the first time after being recommended it by Rosa from Cereal, followed by an indulgent walk around le Marais, marvelling at the beautiful old buildings and window shopping in the prettiest boutiques. I also managed to get up early on Saturday morning and ventured out before the rain up to the Sacre-Coeur or Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris, which took nearly 35 years to build, between 1895 and 1914. I've been meaning to do a little study of the white church on the hill for some time now and finally found the time. The sky was overcast, offering a stark white background to the monument and every now and again the sun would peek out from behind the clouds and shine on the Sacre Coeur's head, turning it from light grey to brilliant white. 

The place was of course teeming with tourists, but I was still able to get some shots, choosing to walk all the way around the church, and also photographing it from behind. I even love the little faces peeking out of the dome and the shot of tourists taking photos of the incredible view. Let me know what you think! 





Photography by Marissa Cox.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6783381/?claim=9mn2kfjy3eg">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground