Paris in Pictures: Place de la Republique

Friday 15 November 2013


I didn't look at London in the same way as I do with Paris. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of beautiful buildings, monuments, gardens and pretty streets in London, but there's something about Paris' unique beauty that invites you to look at the city a little differently. To the point where everything becomes an opportunity for a photo.

Another place I found myself admiring a few weeks ago was the Place de la Republique. Until recently the area surrounding it was admittedly a bit of a mess; graffiti, people sleeping rough on the street and roadworks, while the authorities were pedestrianising some of the streets. But the statue in the centre of the square celebrating the first, second and third Republics of France always remained rather beautiful. 

I'll be doing more wandering around Paris this weekend, snapping away and taking in the sights of the city.

Happy weekends friends!



3 comments :

  1. The white-gray Parisian sky can make for a stunning backdrop, too.

    I'm glad to be around post-République renovations! It was under construction for months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Danielle, and me too - construction in Paris seems to take a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Republique is my favorite area to be in when I'm in Paris. it is away from the tourists but close enough to everything else. I went to Paris in April after all the renovations had been done and what a beautiful sight. I enjoyed my time around the area.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground