London Fashion Week | AW14

Monday 24 February 2014

I was lucky enough to do the rounds at London Fashion Week this month, which meant heading to shows at various venues around London, including some of my favourite galleries - ICASerpentine and Tate Modern - to see what the gods of fashion had in store for us mere mortals this coming autumn. And just as an aside, I do love how designers and brands are teaming up more and more with exhibition spaces. Topshop had once more put its temporary roots down in the cavernous belly of Tate Modern's turbine hall, and the public, (yes, the Joe Bloggs general public), including Tate-goers and fashion-fans could watch all shows live with their very own eyes (a first for fashion), from the balcony above. The democratisation of the fashion show is upon us.

I'm more of a COSAcneAlexander Wang kinda girl; clean lines, not too fussy and quite minimal, with a hint of colour, usually in the form of bright lipstick, but the likes of Peter Pilotto and Issa London (yes, I'm surprised too, I've always associated the brand with Kate Middleton), had me lusting after pattern and colour, and hell, even some glitter (I'm thinking Ashish). Here are a few images from the Issa show at the Serpentine's new Sackler Gallery space, that I captured.


Photography by Marissa Cox.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground